Official marriage registration in Dominican Republic
Documents required for the official registration of the marriage
- Birth certificates of the groom and the bride (a copy legalized by a notary public).
- Sworn declaration before a notary public of being single and eligible to marry (from both the groom and the bride).
- If married previously (or changed family name), a divorce certificate or death certificate (duplicate or a copy legalized by notary public). All the documents listed herebefore should be translated into Spanish by a legal translator, the translation should be legalized by a notary public and have an apostille.
- Color copies of the passports of the groom and the bride.
Preparation of the documents for wedding
- A notary public legalizes the copies of your birth certificates and other documents, and prepares the sworn declaration of the couple being signle and eligible to marry.
- These documents should be translated into Spanish by a legal official translator. After that the translator’s signature should be legalized by a notary public (the notary public does not legalize the translation itself, and it is not necessary).
- Further the authorized office of your country (office of the Vital Record of the state for US citizens, for instance) should authenticate your documents with a certificate of apostille.
The copies of the documents listed herebefore should be sent to us by email as soon as possible, preferably several months before the wedding, as the Civil Registry Office will not fix the day of marriage registration without this documents. You can choose the day of your wedding, but the time of your wedding will be determined by the judges, and will be impossible to change.
Official marriage can be celebrated only in Cap Cana
After the registration of the marriage we:
- Pick up the marriage certificate at the Civil Registry Office,
- We legalize it in the Central Civil Registry Office
- Stamp it with a certificate of apostille at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Dominican Republic in Santo Domingo.
- Then send your marriage certificate to you by DHL.
Price of the Official marriage registration in Dominican Republic – 1050 USD (Saona island 1150 USD). It’s include: judge fee, marriage tax levy, marriage certificate legalization and DHL service. The celebration of the marriage is paid separately.
Turn-key ready service:
In case you want to avoid time-sapping procedure, if you are living in a small city or just don’t have time to make the documents ready – we will do it for you! The cost is 850 USD extra. All you need to do is juts send us your passport copies and birth certificates with apostle.