Saona Island Wedding Package – Elopement on Saona Island
Celebrate your love with an enchanting elopement on Saona Island. Our Saona Island Wedding Package offers a picturesque setting for your intimate ceremony. With its serene beaches and crystal-clear waters, Saona Island provides a dreamlike backdrop for your special day. Say “I do” in paradise with our all-inclusive package, including an officiant, beachside ceremony setup, photography, and more. Elope to this tropical haven and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Nestled off the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, Saona Island forms a part of the East National Park. This pristine haven is celebrated for its lush mangroves, vibrant coral reefs, and idyllic palm-lined beaches, including the exquisite Palmilla Beach. The island’s shallow waters serve as a habitat for delightful starfish.
Saona Island is a captivating paradise situated approximately 2 hours away from the hotels in the Bavaro-Punta Cana area. The journey includes a scenic 1-hour and 15-minute car ride followed by a delightful 40-minute boat excursion to the island.
Saona Island Wedding Package includes
- Organization and coordination of the ceremony
- Consultation and planning of the ceremony
- Reservation of the date and the location of the ceremony
- Preliminary meeting with couple via zoom if requared
- Rent of the semi private beach
- Transfer for the bride and groom from your hotel to the Fisherman’s Marina and back (Punta Cana, Bavaro and Bayahibe area). Additional person’s transportation will have an extra cost, but must be determined by the transportation company.
- Entry bracelets for the National Park on the Saona island
- Rental of a speedboat for the day (or a yacht surcharge)
- Open bar: coca-cola, local Dominican rum and the Dominican National Drink – “Cuba Libre”, water, juice
- A full lunch on the island (lobsters, chicken, fish, rice, saladand so on) for the newlyweds
- Transportation for wedding stuff, separate employees’ car
- Bridal bouquet and boutonniere made of tropical flowers
- Rose petals (one pack for photo), each additional pack will be $15
- Chilled Champagne – one bottle
- English or Spanish speaking master of Ceremonies
- Wedding Certificate
- Decorated wedding arch with artificial flowers – any color, any style from our catalog
- Aisle to the bamboo wedding arch in any style and any color from our catalog
- Decorated table for the ceremony
- Small photo zone for the photo shoot – usually small table, 2 chairs and décor.
- Musical accompaniment (stereo, iPod)
- Sand Ceremony
- 1,5 hour photo shoot session from our Caribbean WeddingAgency photographer, over 100 photos. We will send you the link for download the photos in 3 weeks after the wedding.
Pricing of Elopement on Saona Island
Explore our affordable elopement packages, ensuring your dream Dominican Republic wedding suits every budget.
- 2 people: $2,750
All prices are quoted in USD. Taxes aren’t included. To have a legal ceremony, there is an additional cost of $1,450
Legal ceremony on Saona Island beach
A legal or civil wedding is a formally recognized marriage ceremony conducted under the auspices of a government authority, in compliance with the legal provisions and regulations of the Dominican Republic.
These ceremonies typically involve the exchange of vows and the formal recording of the marriage by signing a marriage license or certificate. This documentation is then submitted to the appropriate government agency for the official registration of the marriage.
To arrange a legal ceremony, there is an additional fee of $1,450 in addition to the package cost. More information here.
Extra services for Saona Island Elopements
Chilled Champagne – extra bottle – $30, ron, coca-cola, juice – $15/person
Hair and make-up for the bridesmaids – $200, $150 for the hair style or makeup only
Trio of the musician – $400 – 3 people/45 min
Saxophone or violin – $400 – 45 min
Video clip 4-5 min/1 song – $750, dron extra $100
Small wedding cake for 6 ppl – $70
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out other packages.
Frequently Asked Questions About Elopement Packages on Saona Island, Dominican Republic – Need to click to show more
How much does it cost to have a wedding on Saona island?
The cost of a wedding on Saona Island can vary widely depending on your preferences, the number of guests, and the specific services you require. Some of the factors that can influence the cost include:
Our Caribbean Wedding & Event Agency offers different wedding packages with varying levels of services and inclusions. These can range from basic packages to more comprehensive ones that may include decorations, photography, catering, and entertainment.
The number of guests you invite will significantly impact your overall cost. Larger guest lists will require more extensive arrangements and may increase expenses for catering, seating, and other services.
Location on Saona Island
Some areas of Saona Island are more exclusive and may come with higher costs. The location you choose for your ceremony and reception can affect the price.
Getting to Saona Island typically involves a combination of car and boat transfers. The cost of transportation can vary based on your starting point and the mode of transport.
Depending on your preferences, you may want to add extras like live music, videography, or special decorations. These optional services can add to the total cost.
If you hire a wedding planner, their fees will also contribute to the overall cost, but they can help you manage your budget effectively.
If you choose to have a legal wedding ceremony, there may be additional legal and administrative fees to consider.
To get an accurate estimate, it’s recommended to reach out to wedding venues or planners on Saona Island and discuss your specific needs and desires. They can provide you with detailed quotes and help you plan a wedding that fits your budget while meeting your expectations.
Can you stay at Isla Saona?
Isla Saona is a protected natural reserve and a popular day-trip destination for tourists. It’s not typically a place where visitors stay overnight. Most tourists and travelers visit Isla Saona on organized day trips from the nearby resorts in the Punta Cana and Bayahibe areas.
These day trips often include activities such as snorkeling, swimming, and beach relaxation. Visitors are usually taken to the island by boat or catamaran in the morning and return in the late afternoon.
Most day-trippers bid farewell to Isla Saona after a day brimming with activities. In contrast, you have the opportunity to savor an extended stay on the island. Don’t anticipate lavish hotels; instead, embrace simplicity. Casa Rural El Paraíso offers the ideal setting for such an experience.
Who owns Saona Island?
Saona Island, often referred to as Isla Saona, is a protected natural reserve in the Dominican Republic. It is owned and managed by the Dominican government through the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (Ministerio de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales).
The island is part of the East National Park (Parque Nacional del Este) and is designated as a protected area due to its ecological significance.
What movie was filmed in Saona Island?
The 1999 film “Blue Lagoon: The Awakening” was partially filmed on Saona Island in the Dominican Republic. This television movie is a modern adaptation of the classic “The Blue Lagoon” and features the beautiful scenery of Saona Island as the backdrop for the story.
Why is Saona Island so popular?
Saona Island is popular for several reasons:
- Natural Beauty: Saona Island is known for its stunning natural beauty, featuring powdery white sand beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, swaying palm trees, and lush tropical vegetation. Visitors are drawn to the island’s picturesque landscapes.
- Pristine Beaches: The island boasts some of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches in the Caribbean, making it an ideal destination for beach lovers and those seeking a tranquil escape.
- Starfish and Marine Life: The island’s shallow waters are home to starfish, making it a unique attraction for visitors. Snorkeling and diving enthusiasts can explore the rich marine life in the surrounding coral reefs.
- Protected Nature Reserve: A large portion of Saona Island is part of the East National Park, a protected nature reserve in the Dominican Republic. This status helps maintain the island’s natural beauty and preserves its ecosystem.
- Day Trips and Tours: Saona Island is easily accessible via day trips and boat tours from popular tourist destinations like Punta Cana and Bayahibe. Many tourists opt to visit the island for a day of relaxation, watersports, and exploration.
- Cultural Experience: Visitors can also experience the local culture and traditions of the Dominican Republic through interactions with the friendly island residents who sell crafts and souvenirs.
- Watersports: Saona Island offers opportunities for various watersports, including snorkeling, swimming, and kayaking. The calm, clear waters make it an excellent place for aquatic adventures.
- Film and Television: The island’s scenic beauty has attracted filmmakers, and it has been used as a location for various movies and TV shows, adding to its popularity.
Overall, Saona Island’s combination of natural beauty, tranquil beaches, unique marine life, and accessibility through day trips makes it a sought-after destination for travelers seeking a taste of Caribbean paradise.
Does anyone live on Saona Island?
Yes, Saona Island is home to a small number of residents, primarily fishermen and their families. These local residents live on the island, relying on fishing and tourism-related activities for their livelihood. While Saona Island attracts tourists and day-trippers, it is not heavily populated like larger urban areas in the Dominican Republic. The local residents contribute to the island’s authentic charm and offer visitors a glimpse into the local way of life.
Is it worth visiting Saona Island?
Visiting Saona Island is a highly recommended experience. Saona Island, located off the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, is celebrated for its breathtaking natural beauty. With its pristine palm-fringed beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and serene ambiance, it offers a true tropical paradise perfect for relaxation and exploration.
Here are some compelling reasons to consider a visit to Saona Island:
- Gorgeous Beaches: Saona Island boasts some of the most stunning beaches in the Caribbean. The soft, powdery white sands and the transparent turquoise waters create a picture-perfect setting.
- Natural Wonders: The island is part of the East National Park, renowned for its mangroves and vibrant coral reefs. Visitors can encounter a diverse range of marine life and even observe starfish in the shallow waters.
- Tranquil Retreat: Saona Island offers a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It’s an ideal place to lounge on the beach, go for a swim, or simply relax in a peaceful environment.
- Beachside Activities: The island provides opportunities for beach games, water sports, and snorkeling, making it suitable for those seeking relaxation and adventure in one place.
- Authentic Local Experience: The presence of local residents contributes to the island’s authenticity, allowing you to experience Dominican culture and lifestyle firsthand.
- Boat Tours: Many visitors arrive at Saona Island via boat tours, which often encompass a day filled with various activities, delectable cuisine, and the chance to unwind on the island.
- Film Location: Saona Island’s extraordinary beauty has made it a popular choice for film productions, further highlighting its visual appeal.
While it draws numerous tourists, Saona Island maintains its natural splendor and offers an authentic tropical getaway. Whether you’re in search of a romantic retreat or an unforgettable day trip, Saona Island stands as a top-notch destination in the Dominican Republic.